Sydney Centre for Innovation in Learning (SCIL) is the research and innovation unit of Northern Beaches Christian School (NBCS) in Sydney, Australia. NBCS, through SCIL, is seeking to create models for 21st century education that change the focus from teacher-directed paradigms to self-directed engaged learning. video captures a number of the ‘spaces for learning’ created – using the campfire, watering hole and cave architectural motifs. Learn more about Principal Stephen Harris.
- The Hero Awards Program honors standout educators June 27, 2022
- Education’s future? Blended and hybrid learning June 23, 2022
- How to block school security threats now–and in the future June 22, 2022
- Is your district’s IT safe and accessible? June 16, 2022
- Persevering through pandemic hardships, two members of the class of 2022 earn their diplomas June 25, 2022
- More Californians are gaining broadband internet access. But Black and Latino households still lag June 21, 2022
- Disorganized and dangerous: Students want answers after UC Davis commencement halted by heat June 17, 2022